Saturday, November 20, 2010

I WANT TO BE BESTIES WITH GEORGIA!

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
(further Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
2001
243 Pages
From Inside Cover:
5:35 p.m.
Oh yippee.
This is my gorgeous life:
1. I haven't been kissed for a month; my snogging skills will soon be gone.
2. I have a HUGE nose that means I have to live for ever in the Ugly Home.
3. My Red Herring plan has failed
4. I am the Bummer Twin's armchair.
My Thoughts:
I'm pretty sure I want to be British and Georgia's bestie after reading this fabbity fab sequel to Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging.
Fourteen year old Georgia's life is beyond tragic. First off, she has to deal with her very old and ludicrous parents who are bent ruining her life just because theirs is practically over. Then there's her little sister Libby who stores her pooey nappies in the bottom of her bed. Her best friend Jas is as smart as a potato. And don't forget her boyfriend Robbie aka The Sex God who makes her brain go jelloid whenever he's around.
Georgia's tragic tale is written in diary form and her hilarious observations are laugh out loud funny. A typical 14 year old teenage girl who believes the world revolves around her and everyone else is crazy. Georgia is self-obsessed, rude, selfish and VERY funny.
There is British slang galore but luckily the author has included a glossary in the back that helps us dense Americans wade through words like rucky, gob, and snogging.
I LOVE Georgia and can't wait to read her next adventure-Knocked Out by my Nunga-Nungas.
I would recommend this book for ages 14 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment