Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN.......

 You pick up a book that looks oh-so-promising and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Synopsis taken from Goodreads-
Victor and Konrad are the twin brothers Frankenstein. They are nearly inseparable. Growing up, their lives are filled with imaginary adventures...until the day their adventures turn all too real. They stumble upon The Dark Library, and secret books of alchemy and ancient remedies are discovered. Father forbids that they ever enter the room again, but this only peaks Victor's curiosity more. When Konrad falls gravely ill, Victor is not be satisfied with the various doctors his parents have called in to help. He is drawn back to The Dark Library where he uncovers an ancient formula for the Elixir of Life. Elizabeth, Henry, and Victor immediately set out to find assistance in a man who was once known for his alchemical works to help create the formula. Determination and the unthinkable outcome of losing his brother spur Victor on in the quest for the three ingredients that will save Konrads life. After scaling the highest trees in the Strumwald, diving into the deepest lake caves, and sacrificing one’s own body part, the three fearless friends risk their lives to save another.
After picking this one up at the library I was filled with excitement and anticipation. I read the inside cover and immediately checked it out. Sadly, I'm 87 pages in and still can't seem to get into the story. I hate it when this happens! I used to be a die hard and finish it regardless of interest but a couple of years ago decided that life is too short. If you aren't hooked 50 pages in, put it down and move on.
But I'm left wondering is it the book or is it me? Has anyone out there read this one? And if so, did you enjoy it?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but it is on my want list, maybe I can find it at the library. But yeah, I HATE when I'm so excited to FINALLY get to read a particular book and my expectations are shot all to heck lol
    BTW - your *sleeping kitten* is just about the cutest thing ever <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting M.A.D. I can't wait for you to read it and let me know what you think. BTW the kitten was found on Goggle images.It makes me sleppy just looking at him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete