Saturday, February 27, 2010

WITCH & WIZARD


WITCH & WIZARD
by James Patterson
and Gabrielle Charbonnet
2009
314 pages
From Back Cover:
It's overwhelming. A city's worth of angry faces staring up at me like I'm a wicked criminal. The stadium is filled to capacity. Hundreds of thousands of curious, uncaring, or at least indifferent, faces....
And there are no moist eyes, much less tears.
No words of protest.
No stomping feet.
No fists raised in solidarity.
In fact, as the countdown ticker flashes onto the giant video screens, it's looking to be my family's last day.
I see my brother, Whit, wondering if there's some last-minute way out of this. I see my mother crying quietly for Whit and me. I see my father, stooped with resignation, but smiling at me and my brother-trying to remind us that there's no point in being miserable in our last moments on this planet.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. There's a lot to cover before we get to the details of our public execution.
So let's go back a bit.....
Now that is a build up! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. I'm so glad I waited to get it from my local library rather than buying it at the book store. If I had spent my own money on it...well, it would have been even a bigger disappointment than it was.
I'm a big fan of James Patterson's adult books. I LOVE the Alex Cross series. I started getting a bit disenchanted after reading The Beach House, one of the first books he co-authored. The next book- I can't even recall the title because I didn't finish it. It was also co-authored. Our relationship has gone down hill since then.
Witch & Wizard sounded so promising. I gave it a shot. The story felt pieced together-like someone didn't edit it before sending it to be printed. The main characters, Whit and Wisty Allgood were so over the top-it was almost laughable. And the bad guys were so BAD it was laughable. What a time waster!
I finished the book but I couldn't wait until the last page so I could be done with them and their story. I won't be wasting my time with the sequel that is sure to come.
This book is available for check out at the Salmon Public Library.

1 comment:

  1. This one is on my shelf and I have been curious about Patterson writing a YA. This is the first review I have read on it.

    ReplyDelete