Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Line


The Line
By Teri Hall
2010
219 pages
From Inside Cover:
Rachael lives with her mother on The Property. The good thing about living there is that it's far from the city, where the oppressive government is most active. The bad thing, at least to most people, is that it's close to the Line-an uncrossable section of the National Border Defense System, an invisible barrier that encloses the entire country. She can see the Line from the greenhouse windows, but she is forbidden to go near it. Across the Line is Away, and though Rachael has heard many whispers of the dangers there, she's never really believed the stories. Until the day she hears a recording that could only have come from the Line. It's a voice asking for help. Who sent the message? What is her mother hiding? And to what lengths will Rachael go in order to do what she thinks is right?
My Thoughts:
This is my third book for the Dystopian February Challenge hosted by Presenting Lenore. I was a little worried I might be getting jaded to the dark, bleak, hopelessness. Not to fear! Author Teri Hall does a perfect job of writing a story that I was immediately caught up in.
The Line centers around three characters Rachael, Vivian, and Ms. Moore. Each play a major role as the story unfolds. The plot is filled with suspense and mystery that keep the reader on the edge of their seat. I literally couldn't put the book down-I carried it with me from room to room. Although it's very hard to talk about this book without giving spoilers away I will say that it leads into a sequel-which you can see coming a mile away. There are just too many plot lines and details to wrap up neat and tidy with one book. I was practically jumping for joy at the end because I can't wait to get my hands on Book 2-Away. Unfortunately we have to wait until September 2011 for it's release. I can't wait to enter Teri Hall's world again. I need to know what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment