Monday, March 30, 2009

The reason I'm here.....

I started this blog with two goals in mind. First, is to give the teenagers that come into my library a place to go to get more information about books they are thinking about reading and to talk about books they either love or hate.
When I started working at my library I noticed that with the exception of using the computers the teens in our town do not really use the library. Once I looked at our old out dated books I began to understand why. We have books on the shelf that date back to the 1950s-no joke. So I have begun a quest of sorts....to bring teens back into the library and discover what they would like to read. This is my second goal. I'm exploring different ways to get teens in the door and maybe keep them coming back for more. I would love to have some game nights, pizza and book discussions and anything else that they would like. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment