Friday, September 4, 2009

A Book Challenge!!!!

R.I.P. Challenge IV
Hosting by Stainless Steel Droppings

Books in this challenge have to contain one of the following elements: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Gothic or Horror.
It's a perfect time to revisit the dark side. I have childhood memories of sneaking my mom's paperbacks of forbidden reads-It by Stephen King, Comes the Blind Fury by John Saul and Children in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. Books read under covers with a flashlight.... quiet as a mouse and the thrill of placing the books back undiscovered.
Things a person has to go through for an interesting book!






So I accept the challenge of 4 books by Oct. 31
here are my choices pulled from my TBR pile-
1. The Summoning-Kelley Armstrong
2. The Forest of Teeth and Hands-Carrie Ryan
3. The Vampire's Assistant-Darren Shan
4. Wake-Lisa McMann
5. Catching Fire-Suzanne Collins
6. Blue Bloods-Melissa de la Cruz
I threw a couple extra in there just in case! I do a lot of traveling to watch my son play football and the car is a perfect place to read.
Wish me luck! Of course I plan to review each book I finish, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those great memories though? :) I'm so glad you are joining in the challenge. I think your list of reads looks perfect and look forward to seeing what you decide to read this year. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

GRATITUDE GIVEAWAY!

Welcome to the GRATITUDE GIVEAWAY HOP! This hop starts on November 15th and ends on November 30th This hop is hosted by  BookHou...