dystopia-noun. a society characterized by human misery, as squalor, oppression, disease and overcrowding
A dystopia is the idea of a society in a repressive and controlled state, often under the guise of being utopian.
Dystopian Challenge 2011-Read 30 Books
These are the books I have read and reviewed so far-
1. Bumped by Megan McCafferty
2. Tomorrow When the War Begans by James Marsden
3. Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith
4. Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony
5. House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
6. Gone by Michael Grant
7. XVI by Julia Karr
8. Rot & Ruin by Johnathan Maberry
9. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
10. The Line by Teri Hall
I need to read 20 more books by the end of the year to complete the challenge.
Let me know if you have some dystopian book recommendations!
If you would like to join the challenge click on the link at the right of the page.