Saturday, October 23, 2010

BECAUSE CURIOUS MINDS WANT TO KNOW.....

A QUESTION
I've been doing a little housekeeping this weekend and decided to weed through some of the blogs I've been following this year. After much hair pulling and anxiety I stopped following about twenty-the main reason was the lack of posting for the past four or five months. That brings my number to 179-obviously I'm afraid I might miss out on something!
A question for all you bloggers out there.....
How do you decide to become a follower of a blog?
And what are the reasons you stop following a blog?

3 comments:

  1. At first I started only following YA book blogs since that's the genre I read/review/write. But then I started branching out because I do enjoy a good non-YA fiction title. So as long as the content is good and interesting, I follow the blog, especially if they're following me. I stop following a blog if the content goes in a direction I don't find interesting or if there's a severe lack of activity, but the latter is rare because I know life gets in the way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the exact same things as you - went through and got rid of a bunch of blogs that seemed to be dead or at least on an extended and unannounced/unexplained hiatus. But then, I found that didn't really help my Goggle Reader much! I had the same number of blog posts to read eah day ! :) oops. Not the best solution to having too many to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stop following if a blog tends to do mostly memes, or if I don't like the material they review (consistently, of course). I also will pay attention to writing style. I will follow if I like the writing, if they have a good selection of books, and/or if I know them through Twitter and other social networks. I tend to follow mostly YA and children's, but like DJ I won't discriminate based solely on that.

    ReplyDelete

Banned Book Week Giveaway!!!!

Welcome to the BANNED BOOK WEEK GIVEAWAY HOP! This hop starts on September 15th and ends on September  30th This hop is hos...