Sunday, April 10, 2011

LIBRARY BOOK SALE

BOOK SALE BOUNTY
I was able to get to my local library book sale early Saturday morning and found some great titles that are on my CLASSICS challenge list:

1984 by George Orwell

The Shipping News by Annie Proulx

Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Sadly, the only YOUNG ADULT book I was able to find was:

The Book Thief by Cornelia Funk

Is it just me or does everyone else struggle to find cheap, used, copies of YA books at book sales and book stores? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places? Suggestions, tips or advice.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have problems finding YA at book stores, though at used ones the books are generally not recent releases. With library book sales, it's mostly 1960s-1980s middle grade library discards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to think, and I know that in my area they have some used book stores that my sister swears by, although I've never been there (it's not really close to my house). BUT, recently, the Borders book stores have been going out of business and stock has been like 50-70% off and YA books are a pleanty. You could try that for now, if it's an option, other than that, I suck at finding cheap books. :D

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete