Monday, April 18, 2011

REAL BOOKSTORE vs ONLINE SHOPPING


A SMALL PIECE OF HEAVEN.

I'm from a VERY small town in Idaho. We have one small kick ass library that I love very much but ALAS no book stores. Feel my pain please.

So when I have a chance to visit the big city, unhindered by my children that want to go to the mall, a real live book store is the place I'm going to head to.

I can literally spend hours walking, looking and touching. The over stuffed comfy chairs just begging to be sat in.

And the smell-Ahhhhh. New crisp pages, glossy, shiny covers, fresh coffee brewing.....NIRVANA!

And I was oh so good- I only bought one book! But it took me an hour to choose THE ONE. I finally narrowed it down to WITHER-the brand new one I've been dying to read.

Conclusion: Being able to make my book purchase in a real bookstore beats the hell out of my online book buying experience.

Thoughts? Book store or online book buying preference?

Do share.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love book stores and you are right, the smell is a big part of the experience. Our local independent bookstore closed last summer - very sad.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Banned Book Week Giveaway!!!!

Welcome to the BANNED BOOK WEEK GIVEAWAY HOP! This hop starts on September 15th and ends on September  30th This hop is hos...