Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MUG of MOXIE VS The NOOK

Mug of Moxie enters the E-Reader World!

My sweet husband gave me a Nook for Christmas. For the first few days I didn't touch it-I've been a little hesitate to enter the e-reader world. I LOVE books. The feel of them. The smell of them. I find nothing more comforting than holding a hardback in my hands and escaping this world. I just didn't love the idea of reading a book on a machine. But so many people have raved about them and the convenience of having one at their finger tips. Well, who doesn't want convenience?
Two weeks after Christmas I can honestly say-I LOVE MY NOOK!!
As of today I have downloaded the following books:
1. Delirium-Lauren Oliver
2. Blood Red Road-Moira Young
3. Hearts at Stake-Alyxandra Harvey
4. Once A Witch-Carolyn MacCullough
5. The Ask and the Answer-Patrick Ness
6. City of Bones-Cassandra Clare
7. Clockwork Prince-Cassandra Clare
8. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side-Beth Fantaskey
9. Still Missing-Chevy Stevens
10. Beasts and BFF's-Shannon Delany
I also downloaded two magazine subscriptions:
1.Entertainment Weekly
2. Time
Lastly, I'm playing:
Words with Friends (a scrabble game with several people)

I'm having a great time with this new toy. It continues to amaze me with new apps and extras every day.
So those of you that are dragging your feet-check it out. I have a feeling you won't be sorry.

6 comments:

  1. I hear you can share books with other people that have Nooks too. Super awesome. I'm thinking about buying one my for myself, but I have a Sony ereader. I can't bring myself to buy another one just yet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nook is awesome, but I kindle. And since you play "Words With Friends" you might like to visit my blog to try my TV trivia anagram game. unscrambling letters to make words is good practice for WWF.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Flashlight-
    The Nook does have a Lend Me Library which I'm excited to participate in-now I just need to find someone who has a Nook-everyone I know has a Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leona-
    I will definitly be visiting your blog-I'm addicted to those words games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a Kindle a few years ago from Santa and felt the same way you did. What could be better that a paper and ink book? Two years later and I love it, I read the new Stephen King book on it was so convenient rather than hauling an 800+ page book around. Have fun with your new e-rearer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't converted to an ereader yet, but I am warming up to the idea. I guess that is progress, right?

    I love WWF!

    ReplyDelete