Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 1- 15 Book Related Confessions

April at Good Books and Good Wine has a super fun challenge going on:
15 Day Book Blogger Challenge
 I decided to join today. For more information go to her blog.

So this is:
Day 1
Make 15 Book Related Confessions-

1. I put people that say "I don't like to read" in my "probably won't be my friend" category.
    I just don't get it-I probably never will.
2. Page folders disgust me. Use a bookmark for God's sake!
3. I hardly loan a book out. If it comes back to me in bad condition I will probably break up with you forever.
4. I hate it when someone utter the words-"I don't need to read that book, I'll just see the movie." Seriously?! These people should be flogged in public.
5. In the case of a zombie apocalypse I will take shelter in a bookstore, barricade myself in and die a happy death.
6. I have an e-reader but prefer the hardbound book any day of the week
7. I think that the best therapy for me is escaping the world with a good book. I have no doubt that books have saved a great many stupid people in my life.
8. I would like to punch people in the face that check out a library book and smoke while they read it.
9. The two genres I don't really care for are science fiction and romance.
10. Two authors that take up an ungodly amount of space on library shelves are Danielle Steel and James Patterson.
11. I just barely read the first Harry Potter book about two months ago.
12. I didn't care for the Twilight series.
13. I can wander around a bookstore or library for hours-time stops.
14. I have never read a book more than once. I don't understand why people want to the same book over and over when there's so many books that need/should/have be read.
15. The number of TBR books on my shelf right now numbers about 56.

4 comments:

  1. #5 is a great idea! I'll need to keep that in mind for when the zombies take over.

    But I can't agree with you on #14 - I love to re-read books. They bring me just as much happiness the second, third and fourth time around. It's like putting on a worn pair of jammies: nice and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Yes to #4. I do #13 too! My TBR list is somewhere around 200....Great list!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree wholeheartedly about #4 & #5. #14 though, I hope you find a series one day that stays with you to the point that you have to revisit it just to be a part of that world again. There's really nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Word, if you take a library book out and smoke while reading it you should be punched in the face, I totally agree. Like, I do not want to smell someone's disgusting smoke book.

    LOL about Danielle Steel and James Patterson, I agree they do take up way too much library space -- also too much library book sale space.

    ALSO! Number one, that is so, so true!

    ReplyDelete

GRATITUDE GIVEAWAY!

Welcome to the GRATITUDE GIVEAWAY HOP! This hop starts on November 15th and ends on November 30th This hop is hosted by  BookHou...